FIND A CAREER AT
BICYCLE CORPORATION OF AMERICA
The MACH1 Powdercoat Line Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that set quality standards are achieved during the manufacturing process. This includes real time inspection, collecting and analyzing data, and maintaining equipment.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineer.
What is needed to be successful:
Computer skills with excel and MS word.
• Leadership ability in managing work and personnel.
• Keeping track of inventory.
• Some mechanical skills or ability and willingness to learn.
• Ability to trouble shoot and maintain certain aspects of machines.
• Work well with others and support both upper and lower personnel.
• Able to adhere to schedules and maintain a positive workflow.
• Understand and maintain quality standards in every job.
• Be willing to learn and implement new processes and product.
• Knowledge of powder coating process is preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of pretreatment process is preferred but not required.
• Ability to stand long periods of time.
• Be able to lift or move at least 50 lbs. repeatedly when necessary.
• Help troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise.
What’s in it for you?
BCA offers a competitive compensation package and a culture that values teamwork and a healthy work-life balance. Team members have access to a comprehensive group health insurance, effective on the 1st of the month following hire!
So what are you waiting for?
Now is the ideal time to grow your career with BCA. In addition to a great work environment, we offer acommitment to supporting the growth and development of our employees. Come be a part of a fastgrowing, dynamic company, and join a team that offers an opportunity for a challenging and rewardingcareer!
Overview - HR Generalist The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) acts as a professional specialist with responsibility for HumanResources programs, processes, and employee relations at designated location(s). This position will provide day-to-day support for Human Resources related questions and processes for staff and site leadership.
The HR Assistant provides general administrative support to the factory, specifically, but not limited to Human Resource support, procurement, compliance, and other administrative related items.
Duties and Responsibilities - HR Generalist
· Support ongoing HR Initiatives such as policy, performance management, employee relations, benefits, recruiting, compensation and communications
· Apply employment law to ensure consistency, standardization, and compliance of HR processes as it relates to criminal background checks, drug screening, and policy interpretation
· Process I9 and E-verify, in addition to unemployment claims
· Create and post job requisitions for designated location(s)
· Drive recruitment strategies and manage applicants through pre-screening process from interview through hire
· Coordinate new hire orientation and benefit enrollment presentations
· Meet with front line managers regarding employee development, employee relations and corrective action
· Drive the development and delivery of communications strategies within area of support
· Provide support and assist HR Manager with projects as necessary
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What’s in it for you?
At BCA, you get to be part of an exceptional team and diverse culture committed to building quality bicycles in the USA.BCA offers a competitive compensation package and a culture that values teamwork and a healthy work-life balance. Team members have access to a comprehensive group health insurance, effective on the 1st of the month following hire!
Minimum Qualifications - HR Generalist
· Bachelor degree plus 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Professional certification in Human Resources
· 3 – 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience in supporting service-oriented organizations, preferably in distribution, manufacturing or hospitality or other respected service organizations
· Able to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
· Demonstrated experience on coaching line clients in the areas of organizational development, recruiting, performance management, regulatory compliance, employee relations and manager consulting/coaching
· Outstanding personal communication skills, both written and oral at all organizational levels
· Able to organize and demonstrate flexible and efficient time management with an ability to prioritize workload
· Strong demonstrated proficiency in standard office software such as Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
· Physical demands include regularly typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
· Physical demands with activity regularly include walking, bending, reaching, and standing · May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
So what are you waiting for?
Now is the ideal time to grow your career with BCA. In addition to a great work environment, we offer a commitment to supporting the growth and development of our employees. Come be a part of a fast growing, dynamic company, and join a team that offers an opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career!
Performs various production and operations related tasks as part of an empowered team.As an individual, and as part of the team, assures adherence to established standards, policies and procedures relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, attendance, quality compliance, and audits.Reports to supervisor.
• Operates and maintains an environment that is safe, clean and assists with 5S responsibilities.
• Assist with production requirements, preventive maintenance, quality control, logistics and safety.
• Performs job responsibilities associated to work area per documented SOP’s.
• Assist with training other production associates.
• Assist Engineering in suggesting/implementing process Improvements.
• Performs quality inspections for in process and finished product as required.
• Manages time card and reports work hours to supervisor.
• Coordinates work activities with other production associates to achieve work objectives.
• Assist with material handling to stage material at work area for jobs being run.
• Monitor and adjust machine parameters as needed to manufacture product.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Assist with crating/packaging product.Assist with loading/shipping product and completing all required documentation.
• Responsible for performing and monitoring the utilization and effectiveness of the inspection, calibration, and nonconforming material procedures in accordance with the Quality System guidelines.
• Reports to the Line Supervisor.
SUGGESTED LEVEL OF FORMALIZED TRAINING:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of basic computer operations including primary software skills, keyboard functions and printer operation. (Basic Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word knowledge would be a plus.)
• Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENT:
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to communicate and work with others in a professional manner in a team environment.
• Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
• Able to use a computer to enter and retrieve information.
• Must be able to use a variety of measurement devices in a Quality setting (tape measure, calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, etc).
• A hands-on, team oriented individual with the ability to multitask.
• Must be able to communicate with all production personnel, maintenance, and staff members on daily basis.
• Must be flexible with work schedule. (Willing to work different shifts.)
• Must be able to work in summer time temperatures on occasions.
The primary responsibility of the Facilities Maint/Floater is to handle any standard maintenance issues and when required they are to be able to be shifted to different tasks for either production and/or the warehouse. The Facilities Maint/Floater receives daily direction from the Summerton Operations Manager, and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
• Perform any and all standard maintenance for the facility.
• Assist with warehouse picking and shipping when needed.
• Assist with production of bicycles when needed.
• Verify that correct bikes/parts are picked for shipping.
• Perform any PM's in the facility.
• Communicate with Maintenance Manager and Summerton Operations Manager.
• Able to fully back up production and warehouse staff.
• Perform any construction tasks, i.e. rack building and custom fixtures.
• Assist with installation of equipment when needed.
• Contributes to team effort by completing other related duties as needed or assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent, required.
• Ability to understand directions/instruction in written, oral, and/or digital format.
• Ability to use standard and/or specialized tools for maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate verbally with others.
• Ability to utilize basic office equipment.
• Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
• Ability to use basic math.
ADDITIONAL KSA REQUIREMENTS:
• Willingness to wear common protective safety equipment and actively participate in safety activities.
• Must demonstrate tact, good judgement, and excellent communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good organization and follow-up skills.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and/or environment.
• Ability to work in a team setting while taking responsibility for personal productivity.