FIND A CAREER AT
BICYCLE CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Performs various production and operations related tasks as part of an empowered team.As an individual, and as part of the team, assures adherence to established standards, policies and procedures relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, attendance, quality compliance, and audits.Reports to supervisor.
• Operates and maintains an environment that is safe, clean and assists with 5S responsibilities.
• Assist with production requirements, preventive maintenance, quality control, logistics and safety.
• Performs job responsibilities associated to work area per documented SOP’s.
• Assist with training other production associates.
• Assist Engineering in suggesting/implementing process Improvements.
• Performs quality inspections for in process and finished product as required.
• Manages time card and reports work hours to supervisor.
• Coordinates work activities with other production associates to achieve work objectives.
• Assist with material handling to stage material at work area for jobs being run.
• Monitor and adjust machine parameters as needed to manufacture product.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Assist with crating/packaging product.Assist with loading/shipping product and completing all required documentation.
• Responsible for performing and monitoring the utilization and effectiveness of the inspection, calibration, and nonconforming material procedures in accordance with the Quality System guidelines.
• Reports to the Line Supervisor.
SUGGESTED LEVEL OF FORMALIZED TRAINING:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of basic computer operations including primary software skills, keyboard functions and printer operation. (Basic Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word knowledge would be a plus.)
• Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENT:
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to communicate and work with others in a professional manner in a team environment.
• Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
• Able to use a computer to enter and retrieve information.
• Must be able to use a variety of measurement devices in a Quality setting (tape measure, calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, etc).
• A hands-on, team oriented individual with the ability to multitask.
• Must be able to communicate with all production personnel, maintenance, and staff members on daily basis.
• Must be flexible with work schedule. (Willing to work different shifts.)
• Must be able to work in summer time temperatures on occasions.